Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting Back to Work


Back into the preparations after a day off yesterday. I didn’t really plan to take yesterday off, but when we got home from church it was already 2 o’clock. I read email and talked with Bill over coffee. Then I went into the bedroom and stretched out to watch Knit and Crochet Today. It was an old one with a host that I really don’t care for. But I just felt like vegging out and watching people manipulate yarn is a good thing to stare at while doing that. The episode was about felting. Some interesting projects were shown. After the show, I didn’t really feel like moving, so other than pressing the power button on the remote to “off,” I decided not to move right then. I felt so peaceful and it was so nice to just lay there with the dog. After awhile I got up. Eventually I boiled some ravioli for dinner. I made some tea and headed back into the bedroom. Watched some news, read, then I just lay there listening to an Anonymous 4 CD (English Ladymass) in the dark. I thought I might get so relaxed that I would melt! Then I listened to a couple of dharma talks from AudioDharma.org while crocheting. Went to bed at midnight. I sort of half woke up for awhile in the middle of the night because it was pouring outside. I always like to hear that--especially in June!! So it turned out to be a very nice day. I had a momentary thought that perhaps I ought to be doing something more constructive, but it didn’t last long before I told myself I might as well take a day off and rest.
I’m glad I did. I got busy enough again today. After breakfast and email we went and picked up my friend, Karen, and some boxes so she could donate some of her things to Goodwill. Then we had to stop and pick up toothpaste, toothbrushes and some other stuff like that for the trip. Then we stopped at another place to get a few groceries. Then home. Lunch was next. Then it was time to start planning. I had my road atlas, the Directory for Traveling Friends, the Directory of Friends Organizations, and my little netbook with its Google search bar fired up and ready to go. For about 3 hours, I flipped pages and did searches. I see signs of progress!! We have our first few stops ideally planned out. I say ideally because to do it this way will require us to send some emails and hope for replies, something that hasn’t worked out well so far. But we will see what happens! I think we are both prepared to adjust as necessary. Not that we have a choice about that! Anyway, I have a plan with one place leading to another, but my mind is swimming at this point, so I have decided to not work on dates at this particular moment. I will do that later this evening or tomorrow morning. Once I do that, I will send out those emails. And then, we wait!